Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's in My Sketchbook: Bird Gone Wrong

I know we've been showing more recent doodles in our "What's in Our Sketchbook" series, but I was organizing old docs and came across my very old childhood sketchbook recently. There are many more to this but I got tired taking photos... I was about six or seven and remember that I got fixated on the notion of getting this bird right but whenever I got to the wing, or the tail, or the grass..something would go horribly wrong and the whole watercolor would have to be destroyed (notice swirly watercolor slashes and swirls). I'm sure my family thought I went mad because I sequestered myself in the dining room for hours that night and would get up only to fill my water cup and mutter to myself. Guess you could say I was a pretty frustrated artist back then!

Ok, so what's in your sketchbook? Lately or all the way back when? Please share with us!

1 comment:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 May 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Related Posts with Thumbnails