Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shop: Are you Still Using Plastic?

by Designing Mom Rubyellen



Now, I like plastic. There are some uses in which having plastic is very helpful. I can't think of any at the moment, but I am sure there are. Nevertheless, when it comes to my girls, I try to avoid plastic when possible. Therefore, I have switched to stainless steel cups. In my research for the best stainless steel cup for my girls, I decided between the Safe Sippy and the Klean Kanteen . I ordered both from The Soft Landing and they came in very quickly. Now, originally I loved the Safe Sippy's look. It looks like a baby bottle from the future, just plain cool, but then I grew to despise the cup because it kept leaking (at least for me). I immediately contacted The Soft Landing and they sent me another complimentary Klean Kanteen to replace my leaky Safe Sippy. We absolutely adore Klean Kanteen!!! We love it so much that we immediately ordered an extra set in a different color, one for milk and one for water.

So if you want to take a step towards green, I highly recommend Klean Kanteen! I am sure that others may have had a better experience with the Safe Sippy, but I think Klean Kanteen is the way to go! Plus, you match with your kids as they have sizes for adults.

1 comment:

Bret Plate said...

Hi Rubyellen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with The Safe Sippy. Leaking is generally not an issue at all with our cups. In fact, most moms and mommy bloggers specifically note the fact that our cups do not leak. Moreover, our spouts - unlike Klean Kanteen - are shaped to promote good speech and palate development. Flat spouts promote speech impediments and improper development of the palate.

We would be happy to send you our brand new Safe Sippy2 convertible cup for you to try. It's the only 2-in-1 sippy to straw cup on the market. Just contact me at bret@kid-basix.com.

Regards,
Bret Plate
CEO, Kid Basix

Related Posts with Thumbnails